Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So I found a mustard gas super delta with progressed fin rot (but not body rot) at PetCo and of course, I couldn't resist bringing him home to rehabilitate him. I currently have the following set up: 2.5 gallon tank, 25w heater (still messing with the settings), substrate, plants, and a terra cotta pot to hide. I'm treating him with API fungus general cure and aquarium salt at a mild dose.
I was thinking to do one round of treatment then to let him sit for three days after a 100% water change and then doing subsequent treatment rounds with a half change if needed always with a three day break in between. Thoughts? Should I modify this routine? Any advice is most welcome!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
to treat fin rot you dont really need to use any meds.
since youve started, be sure to finish the dose (like dont stop half way through, youll have to do the whole treatment now).
you just need clean warm water, and maybe some AQ salt for it to go away.

·
Super Moderator
2,753 Posts
Most fin rot is caused by a bacterial infection, fungal fin rot is generally a secondary symptom. AQ salt typically does not take care of fin rot of itself but will help sterilize open wounds if he has any (especially if he's biting). For mild cases, warm, clean water, good food and letting his immune system take care of the issue works. If it is more advanced and is getting potentially being close to transitioning to body rot, you will want to look at an antibiotic like Kanaplex, Triple Sulfa or Tetracycline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts