Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Bluetwo betta has been with me 3 months. A beautiful blue. The last two weeks his behavior has changed from his normal. He is eating less, swims frantically for a second or two then lies in only one special place on the bottom. He seems happy though. He sometimes lies in the top of the plastic weeds.
Yesterday I changed his water, which I do every 2-3 weeks. I put one teaspoon of dissolved salt in with the new water. In examining the bottom of the plant base there was lots of dark green algae growing and also some on the stones at the bottom. I put him in the clean water alone and he instantly was more lively. This morning he is very lively and ate 9 specs of food. It looks like he has a very slight whitish 'fuzz' where his rectum is located. I also sprinkled a bit more salt into the water. He now swims lively when we just walk into the room. I have his bowl in a mostly shaded place but indirect sunlight does fill the room, thus the algae growth. Today I am putting a new smaller plastic plant in and keeping the shades so less light gets in the room. I am hoping he is on his way to his normal routine. I believe the algae produced some fungus growth. Maybe him lying on the stones he was trying to rub it off? Will keep posted in a week and hope he is well. Pochie

·
Super Moderator
18,386 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bluetwo is doing well. Livelier than ever. Eating well. Swimming actively. I believe the salt killed whatever was in the water. Whitish fuzz gone. I found some on the bottom of the glass bowl and siphoned it out yesterday. Will keep my water change at two weeks instead of three.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts