Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a previous post regarding attempts to cure Clove's pop-eye. But I wanted to discuss pop-eye treatments directly without my photo updates to document the size of his eye.

I have tried:
(1) Epsom Salt baths, 10 day each
(1) Kanaplex treatment, as directed
(1) Rooibos Tea, IAL and ES bath, currently on day 4 of 10

I am looking into:
Kanaplex & Metroplex combo
API E.M. Erythromycin - I am not looking towards API FURAN-2 because I am not sure if it's a match

If anyone has knowledge or experience curing or experiencing stubborn pop-eye and would like to discuss it please do! It would help a lot! :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've only treated Popeye a handful of times but what I do is an Espom Salt and IAL/Rooibos/Alder Cones.
I add one tablespoon per 5 Gallons every 3 days and Usually throw in a full Capatta (IAL) Leaf and a couple of Alder cones. Maximum is 10 days before resting in clean water (with IAL) for 48 hours before restarting. Only had to restart once.
The leaf is used for cover and the tannins.
Typically I see an improvement in about a week to the full 10 days.
Hope he gets better for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Betta had Pop Eye and the local fish store owner not a chain recommended API Triple Sulfa i used it according to the directions on the box and my betta recovered fully from it. He was in pretty bad shape.
Hope Clove gets better soon!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only treated Popeye a handful of times but what I do is an Espom Salt and IAL/Rooibos/Alder Cones.
I add one tablespoon per 5 Gallons every 3 days and Usually throw in a full Capatta (IAL) Leaf and a couple of Alder cones. Maximum is 10 days before resting in clean water (with IAL) for 48 hours before restarting. Only had to restart once.
My Betta had Pop Eye and the local fish store owner not a chain recommended API Triple Sulfa i used it according to the directions on the box and my betta recovered fully from it. He was in pretty bad shape.
The first round of ES bath I have done, I only measured half of the 1 tsp without realizing.
So I am currently trying the bath again (1 tsp per 2.5g) since the first round was wrong. This time I added IAL and Rooibos tea.
Clove has had pop-eye since December and so far nothing has seemed to reduced the swelling let alone cure it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first round of ES bath I have done, I only measured half of the 1 tsp without realizing.
So I am currently trying the bath again (1 tsp per 1g) since the first round was wrong. This time I added IAL and Rooibos tea.
Clove has had pop-eye since December and so far nothing has seemed to reduced the swelling let alone cure it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
So I am currently trying the bath again (1 tsp per 1g) since the first round was wrong. This time I added IAL and Rooibos tea.
Hopefully this round of ES will do the trick for you and Clove.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts