Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tricks can your betta's do? Taz is starting to recognize me and follows my hand since he knows I will feed him

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Buddha knows hide and seek very well.

And I used to joke that he knew "play dead" better than my dogs, because I'd often interruppt him during his afternoon nap and I always swore he was dead haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sushi is a very finicky eater. He only eats Omega One flakes... I started dampening my fingertip, sticking a flake on the tip of my finger and making him chase my finger. He's turned it into a little game. He chases my finger, flares and jumps out of the water to snatch the flake off my finger!! It's so awesome and he's so darn cute when he grabs the flake and swims off to eat it. Like a puppy taking his treat into the corner to hide it! lol

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sushi is a very finicky eater. He only eats Omega One flakes... I started dampening my fingertip, sticking a flake on the tip of my finger and making him chase my finger. He's turned it into a little game. He chases my finger, flares and jumps out of the water to snatch the flake off my finger!! It's so awesome and he's so darn cute when he grabs the flake and swims off to eat it. Like a puppy taking his treat into the corner to hide it! lol
TDP flares until I give him his pellets

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
i taught my betta to jump by holding his food above his tank with a tweezer :)

he can't jump out though cuz my tank is covered

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
My Betta jumps for Food. It's really cute. I just hold a Bloodworm above him, and he Jumps for it. We play chase 1st though. He gets mad it me at the end and Snatches the Bloodworm. I still love him... ;P

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, Taz is having fun watching my every move. I put a can of soda on the dresser I have the 29 gallon on and pick it up, he swims over like his life depended on it

·
Registered
224 Posts
I used to put my finger in the top of the tank with Tetsu and he would brush up against it and then wait about an inch away for me to put food in, :( I miss Tetsu now. I haven't had Tenzen for more than a couple of days his "trick" is go flare at me when I put my mouse hand too close to the tank and run behind his budda lol.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My Crusoe jumps for food too. He did it immediately after I got him. I have a metal bookmark with a ceramic turtle charm on it that dangles off the end and he enjoy chasing it when I wiggle it around. No matter what side of the tank he is on, if he sees it then he rushes over to show it who's boss. If I place it in the water, he chases it. Of course, when I take it out and place it near the tank he finds it and flares at it. Gotta show him who'se in charge. They're archenemies.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I wiggle my pinky finger above the baby bettas tank and he jumps up and bites it. I'm not sure that's really a trick but he's one of two bettas that will do that out of the 8 I own.

another betta I have swims up out of the water on his side up on top of his water lettuce chasing pellets that get caught in the filter current :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bribed mine into learnng how to swim into her water change cup by herself :)

Boy would that come in handy with Sushi! He gets really really pissed when its water change time :evil:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Eugeney will always attack my finger if I put it in the water. And because I'm a notorious nail picker (bad habit >_<) she'll keep at it until she pulls off some of the dangling skin. I have become a snack.

Also if I have to separate or move one of my girls they'll let me scoop them up using my hand. If I even try to go near them with a net they go crazy and bolt. It's a very cool feeling to have a little betta cupped inside your hand. Just be very careful not to squish or drop them!

·
Registered
901 Posts
All 4 of ours will now get food offered on a fingertip. They all get excited and dance when they notice they have been noticed :) This makes it hard to get good resting pictures of them, as soon as you get near with the camera, they come up and get all wiggly. Chicory likes to flare at pens (I know, wierd fish!)

And oh, I do need to figure out how to post a video! Betta playing soccer!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Wow..all these betta's sound so adorable, and funny..they have such cute personalities, our 'Sammy" jumps for the food now too, he gets so xited, he does the "Dolphin" when I put the pellet on my finger, he jumps up and back in the water, missing the pellet, but doing the (trick) and then comes back up..to see why he missed the pellet, and jumps up again, and grabs it..lol..it is hysterical..

or if I am watching him..do laps around the tank,..then I get ready to leave the room, he just brushes his nose against the tank and looks at me, and I have to come back, to let him know I will be right back, and he can go play..lol..like my child right.. and then if I get the camera, he used to hate it, now he comes right to the side, where I look for him, to get his pic taken..(Love our Sammy) ...he is a riot..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts