Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can endlers and guppies be together? Can they live in the same type (chemistry) of water that bettas do? When I had a betta in the 10 gallon, I changed 50% of the water once a week. Would I stick with that?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure on hardness, but the pH of regular tap water read 6.6 However, I was thinking that it was around the normal range, but maybe that was when I was testing the tank water???

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would be the stocking options on neons(cardinals, glow lights )? I want something easy to care for. If ingot endlers or guppies, could I get all males? How many mollies could fit?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting 8 male guppies for the 10 gallon. Could anything else be added? I would love mollies, but is there room?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ended up getting 8 male guppies for the 10 gallon. Could anything else be added? I would love mollies, but is there room?
I would probably stick with the guppies, personally. Mollies usually like brackish water and grow pretty large. I think you'll really enjoy your tank even with just the guppies, those little guys are so fun lol.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might be right. :) What is the max number of guppies I can have in it? Could neons be added? I just love community tanks, and hate to only have one type of fish...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had 6 males for my own 10 at first, but we wound up taking back one of the boys around day... 12-13 because of harassment :( If we didn't have Honey, the mystery snail, and Bowser the betta, we'd prolly get more guppies (or I would anyway).

I'd leave it at just the guppies, maybe two otos. More than 8 guppies is pushing it, imho. You could prolly do about 4 kuhli loaches, though. I've heard they've got a really low bioload. If you do look into them, they really need to be in groups, I bought a pair and I really feel I should have done 3 minimum, want to get another 2 at least in the future.

Edit:
Just keep in mind that guppies are top-level swimmers. You should look into bottom-dwellers. If not loaches, then the mini/pygmy cories. At least 3 of them as well.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should anything else be added to a 10 gallon with 8 guppies? I understand about the mollies, but what about platies?

Bottom dwelling fish: I love cories, but I don't think I have enough room for the number they should be kept in. What about ghost or cherry shrimp? I would need something that I could have just one or two of.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
You're pretty stocked now. There won't be anymore room soon. You can add shrimp, they hardly produce anything. You can add 2-5 and then if you want, one nerite snail.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So it seems like shrimp is the way to go. Does it matter what kind? I really wouldn't want more than 3.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's artificially planted, except for 1 small anubias. I don't know how to keep live plants, or what kinds need low light, low maintenance, and gravel substrate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts