Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy I know a lot of yous see/ get asked a lot about dragon scale bettas, but I’m new to the whole betta game and I was wondering if my little guy is a true dragon scale
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok thanks, I bought him thinking he was a dragon and what you mean by partial?? Maybe he could be still to young to tell??

·
Registered
444 Posts
I’m not experienced but always interested.

I’m throwing in my first ideas while seeing your pictures:

I see a Veiltail Betta (although his back fin = Caudal is so short for whatever reason) from Cambodian background (you can google Cambodian color/Betta if you are interested).

I don‘t see metallic, dragon or opaque (those would be the things I look into when ”confronted“ with Dragon).

I just see a white/light bodied Veiltail (mix?) who will hopefully never have the tumor or blindness problems a true dragon or heavy metallic scaled Betta very often develops.

All the best for your Sweety and keep us updated how he develops if you like!

·
Registered
444 Posts
You could keep track and take pictures every month or so - I find this really interesting and I learn a lot by just comparing the images.
With your fish I‘m also interested how more experienced members or breeders will ”judge“ him🤗.

Here is a breeder’s link dealing with colours and genenetics if you want to dive into the topic of Betta genetics:
http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABcolorgenetics.htm

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Yep. :) That he is.

FWIW, I don't really worry about Dragons. I've had too many to count over the years and not a Diamond Eye or tumor in the bunch. I wonder if the percentage is really that high considering only those whose Dragons have the problem comment.

I've also seen damage and cataracts diagnosed as Diamond Eye... even in non-Dragons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys my betta was only using one fin to swim around, thinking something was wrong I moved him to quarantine, now he’s swinging with both. What’s the go there??

·
Registered
444 Posts
OP opened a new thread for health issue here:
Help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts