Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long can a betta live with a tumor? Jericho has what looks like a growth under his scales and it looks like it might be bigger than before....kinda sticking out more. And it's hard to take a pic of it. Every time I try to get a pic of it or try to get a closer look, he shows me his other side....

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Beloved HMPK boy had one for about....7-8 months before he passed on, and it was right on his gill plate. However, it depends on how quickly it grows. :{

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for responding that helps!! I've noticed it for a couple months now. It is on his left side, towards the top, by his tail fin.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Are you sure you are not seeing the caudal peduncle a normal part of the anatomy...some can protrude more on some Bettas than others....

Post a pic...both a side view and from above....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure you are not seeing the caudal peduncle a normal part of the anatomy...some can protrude more on some Bettas than others....

I will try....he's not very photogenic anymore... had bad case of fin rot last year....he still eats like a little piggy and loves attention.I have even recently bought stress coat to see if it will help his fins...trying my best to take care of my boys. Have a water test kit at the post office, but due to work schedule and post office hours, I won't be able to get it from there until Tuesday.
The "tumor" showed up a couple months ago and has been something that I keep checking on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Couldn't get a top view, yet. Will try later. Here is a couple side pics:
DSC00085.jpg

DSC00087.jpg
Zoomed in as much as I could on last pic.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tumor no treatment...I would watch the area for now....he is otherwise acting and eating like himself...correct....
He's not as active as he was before the tumor showed up, but part might also be that his fins haven't really grown back. But, yeah, he still loves his food and getting attention from us!!! And, otherwise, acting like himself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts