Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Bettas, 5 Snails, 5 Shrimp, 1 Mouse, 2 Hissing roaches
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moroz Rosett has this little growth on his side, that has been sloooowly getting bigger over the months but it's not huge.
I've been thinking it's a tumour or an abscess of sort, thoughts?

I haven't tried medicating and I don't plan on medicating unless it bursts or he starts acting differently. Which if it does, I have a few different medications on me, but I don't think it'll happen for a bit yet?

Here's the form.

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 5
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What temperature is your tank? 76
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? The sponge filter releases bubbles
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? Nope, just plants. (Planted tank)

Food:
What food brand do you use? Northfin betta bits
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets
Freeze-dried? Nope. Frozen.
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?
4-5 pellets 2x daily. He also gets frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp every week. As well as live fruit flies.

Maintenance:
Before
your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? it was 2-3 weeks for the longest time, I have recently started changing it every week though (not because of him)
What percentage of water did you change? 50%
What is the source of your water? Tap
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Vacuum
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner? Topfin betta conditioner, I do have (API?) stress guard that I've contemplated using

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

I am currently not able to test water since I don't know where our water testing kit is. But the many previous times I've tested it, it all fell into the required range, and I just did a water change last Saturday, and I'm doing it again this upcoming weekend.

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? Couple months ago
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Just that one bump slowly rising, think there might be a second
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? Not at all, even more feisty than when I got him
Is your Betta still eating? Absolutely
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? No, but he does have an IAL in his tank, I keep one in all my tanks on a regular basis.
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? Not that I'm aware of.
How long have you owned your Betta? Since August
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? The scale was raised like now.

So I got Moroz Rosett off of Aquabid from a seller up in New York, the picture that was up of him did not show the side with the lump, so I was not aware when I got him. (Not that I mind, I would've gotten him still anyways)
I noticed it originally when he arrived to me, on August 17th. I took note of it and have been watching.

It went down for a few weeks and I figured, hey, maybe it was just some odd stress thing with being shipped across several states in 24ish hours.
But then it came back and it's been slowly growing. And it's definitely the scale, it looks like all his others. The white and the iridescence. He's also got a second scale on that side that's starting to look like it's bubbling up, but I can't get it to show up on any pics, it's not very big at all.

It's not affecting him in either way, he's still the furious little show-offy dude he's always been, so I'm not worried (yet), I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on this and if y'all have seen it before? And is it something of a larger concern that I need to be on the lookout for by chance?

The picture of him that's in the tiny 1 gal is from the day he arrived, and the one of him in his tank is from today.
Sorry they're bad, I tried the mirror trick but he wouldn't stop moving! LOL
And the ones that are dark are due to flash.

It's near the base of his body, right before his caudal fin.

Organism Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant

Plant Flower Green Petal Terrestrial plant

Green Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Adaptation

Plant Finger Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant Thumb

Automotive lighting Purple Organism Violet Automotive exterior

Liquid Fin Fish Water Petal

1 - 1 of 1 Posts