Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, my male made a nice nest so I introduced the female into the tank. About half an hour later we have magic

Spawned: 10/8/20
Hatched: 10/10/20
Male

Female

Action

took the female out after about 8hrs, gonna check on him in 2 days hopefully we will get some fry 馃馃徏

Registered
Good luck! If you need advice just ask! ;)

Reactions: X skully X

Registered
:p

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Alright day 2 today and I see eggs still he is guarding Them, Hopefully we can see some fry tomorrow. Gonna make some Infusoria So it will be ready in 3 days when they should start free swimming 馃馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Alright gang, it鈥檚 been 2 days since they spawned. And I鈥檓 happy to say I see a bunch of tails hanging from the nest. Didn鈥檛 realize I had that much 馃槅 I seen them falling out of the nest and daddy bond picks them up. So far so good. I made some infusoria Yesterday so hopefully it will be ready by the time they are free swimming. Will keep you guys posted 馃馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Wonderful! What鈥檙e your plans for this spawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gonna see what kinda of unique fish come out. Keep those and Probably gonna see if local pet store would buy or trade for store credit. If not give the rest to my dad. He has a bunch of swimming pool ponds to make a sorority tank.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Alright guys it鈥檚 day 3 and there is still a bunch of fry hanging on to the bubble nest. They are looking a lot bigger than yesterday. I鈥檝e noticed they all look really dark or black. Looking like the secret service hanging out 馃槅. Patiently waiting for the fry to start free swimming so I can remove the male 鈥淛ames bond鈥. Going to post pics at that time. Don鈥檛 really want to disturb them at this moment. I started a brine shrimp egg hatchery yesterday so hopefully we have some food for them by tomorrow. Also made some infursia. Will keep you guys updated 馃馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
day one after free swimming, fry everywhere 馃槅, gave them their first meal of baby brine shrimp. Thankfully their food source came right on time 馃憤馃徏. They seem to be nice and strong and didn鈥檛 see any dead fry on the bottom. Will update in a few days 馃馃徏

Registered
Baby Betta's! :D Good luck! 馃

Reactions: KaderTheAnt

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Day 3 of free swimming and all fry are doing well, no dead fry yet 馃. Been giving them brine shrimp which I hatched myself. Feeding them twice a day. They are starting to recognize food and are attacking the brine once I put them in the tank.

Fun Fact: hatched some brine shrimp and harvested on Sunday. Kept them in the ice box over night and what do you know, they were all still alive. They have been in the ice box for 2 days. As soon as I put them in the tank they do their dance and get eaten 馃槅.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts