Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
El Dorado's one face plate looks white and "peeling"? never came across this before! Only thing new in his heated (&*) ten gallon is the sponge filter which was rinsed and brand new!!!!!! live plants are flourishing and bigger than ever, there was a water change recently, 25% as per usual. Nothing really changed. He likes his cave, but recently he's been lingering near the top and his gill looks....bloody? o_O not ammonia burn red, no, bloody?? parasite? or what? I know he isn't the hardiest lil' yellow fella, but I'd hate to lose him D: yellows are hard to come across here... and he's my betta ><

Problem two: I went to pull up the blinds on the window the whole darn thing came down. Hit my 29 gallon tank... nothing wrong, or so I thought. Just looked, and there is a pool of water, the water level has dropped AND THE CRACK GOES ALONG THE SIDE!!! D: 1. can it be fixed with the aquarium silicone? 2. 4 girls in the 10.... should I just shove everything in the 29 into the 10? x.x El Dorado is moved from the 10 to a hosptial tank. So, do I ned to empty it all too? :mad:

this week is not my week

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, forget it.... El Dorado at a second glance has dropsy, he has pineconed and since I do not have clove oil, I have to ask my bf to do what I won't and cannot bring myself to do... :-( FML I am having NO LUCK. Except some of the WORST luck in the freaking world.

Luckily I can get a 40 for 50.00.... in a week or so. As for the tank, is it worth fixing, or just selling for 20.00 as a reptile-only tank?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oh my god.. I'm sorry to hear that.. 0-0 how disturbing. Poor guy.. Dropsy is the devil. I'd fix the tank.. Sad thing though, is the crack my continue to travel, like on a car windshield. <_< I hope your luck turns around soon

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks it kinda did.... I found a 40 for 50.00 :) but now I have a cracked tank that cannot be fixed (near the crack is shatter marks)

·
Registered
320 Posts
OMG, please get that tank out of there before it busts. Good deal on that 40gal. *checks all my tanks for cracks* <_< >_> scary..

How's your boy btw? Is he still eating?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emptied it already lol. My boy Ghengis is eating, I've think it's the stupid tap from upstairs, it might be lined with something. I don't drink water, and when I do it's downstairs so I have no idea if it'd affect me... it's only boiled up stairs if I do use it! any fish downstairs was thriving, upstairs, slowly or quickly, had a problem. and in turn killed my yellow boy, Conan... :( ugh. So, I may have to get the awesomeness of the aquavac, run it from downstairs to upstairs to a bucket xDD two man job but...meh. save my fish!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good luck! I hope your boy gets well soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts