Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a simple question. Here goes.

I had five harlequin rasboras. They were with Banana Fish in ten gallons of water. Three of them were dead when I came home from work tonight. I know they're a schooling fish, so I'm not sure what to do for the other two. I don't want them at the mercy of my mercurial betta fish, but I also don't want to buy new fish for them to be killed, too. I'm not sure what to do.

I get paid by both jobs tomorrow, so I might just have to run out and buy them a school and their own setup... But I don't want to spend tooooo much. Blegh, I'm mad at Banana Fish, now. :c

Or maybe I buy him a setup and stock the ten gallons without him...? Someone tell me what to do. :roll:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You could always just return the 2 left to the pet store you bought them from I know most pet stores take back fish.

Or you could get Banana Fish his own tank, killing three fish, he's not cut for a community tank life.

With a 10 gallon you could do a community tank, they're fun.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Did BF definitely kill them? They didn't just die because they were unhealthy and he took the opportunity to nibble on their corpses?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the thing- I'm not positive he did kill them. If I was, I would definitely take him out and keep him alone. And about the return, it's a 48 hr policy, and I had already had them past that amount of time. :/

After I get off work today, I'll deposit my one check and I think I'll just take Banana Fish out of the big tank and I'll bump up the rasboras and make it just a community.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
That's the thing- I'm not positive he did kill them. If I was, I would definitely take him out and keep him alone. And about the return, it's a 48 hr policy, and I had already had them past that amount of time. :/

After I get off work today, I'll deposit my one check and I think I'll just take Banana Fish out of the big tank and I'll bump up the rasboras and make it just a community.

That sounds like a good plan. Better safe than sorry IMO. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts