Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received two new boys from crazy4bettas in Nova Scotia. Here are the pics:

For anyone interested, here's the box and how they were packed

Each one came double-bagged with an IAL in with them.

Here they are in the deli cups I use to acclimate them. I add about 5 ml of new water per 5 min until the cup is full and then float the cup in the new tank for a while for temperature.

Here is Armand. I have named him after the vampire in the Anne Rice books because he looks like he's been feasting on blood.

I haven't thought of a name for Number Two yet. He is a lot calmer and less active than Armand. He prefers to hang perfectly still showing off his lacy bloomers!

His finnage and body have a lovely pearly iridescent sheen.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second one is obviously Louis! :D
I thought of that... it may still happen, but the second one reminds me more of a ghost than a vampire. And no - not Caspar either. ;-)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
name him Claude, after Claudia? She died and would now be a ghost... <3 Interview with a Vampire

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
how about glass? lol am horrible with names here's my list:

flurry
avalanche
frost
sub-zero
Lars
nebula
Delta
Paradox
annex
dread
Leo
clarence
cryptom (kre-p-tom)
alpha
syro (sie-ro)
omega

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
They are bolth beautiful! My only suggestion for a name is Whisp...Sorry not much of a help.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
WOW! Is crazy4bettas a good seller?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! Is crazy4bettas a good seller?
I had a good experience with her. She was very easy to communicate with and she cared enough to ask me if she could delay shipment when the weather got cold. One of the bettas I wanted had fin rot, so she asked me if I'd be willing to take another.

She also wanted me to let her know when they arrived and how they were doing. I sent her a couple of pics. I was surprised that she included IA leaves with the bettas, but since this is my first online purchase of bettas I don't know if this is standard.

Overall I would definitely recommend this seller. She still has some stock, too! ;-)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since my other bettas have French names I thought I'd go with the theme. I decided to call my pale betta "Voltaire" (17th c. French writer). His fins remind me of the cravats worn by men of 17th century France. His black pectorals fluttering look like the fluttering fans of the ladies of that time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts