Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgie (yuh I named him) is an unknown aged KING BETTA who came in with the shipment of GOLDFISH :( He has finrot and bouyancy issues we'll see what clean water will do!

The other one is a blue, yes, the dreaded blue. Necrosis AND columnaris, so I PROMISE I will share pics but right now he needs to be hastily put in kanaplex!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow congrates!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:-( I don't think the blue will live, even Shadow who had a head start on this terirble underlying disease died. Columnaris weakened the immune system, stress I deem is the factor to which the disease of the blues from this store awakens. It's gotten his caudal... The columnaris has gotten his cheeks, body, fins, head.... Poor thing is gasping! But I'll try. I got him for free.

Now Georgie is a veil tail KING who has fin rot. And bouyancy issues... But he is a REAL beaut! looks kinda like Juniper and Shiloh combined :lol: and HUGE! He came in with goldfish, so no one knows his real age. Because of this fact, he was 2.00 compared to 7.00...

first three pics = Georgie. Last one is poor Blue!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Awwww poor boy!!!I hope he survives!!!They're both gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
just because he has columnaris, doesn't mean he'll die. as long as you treat him and do everything they say to treat it, he'll be fine. he's lovely, though.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the columnaris that has me worried..it's the fact it's teamed up with the disease that struck my 3 blues, who were from the same store D:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Awww... I'm sorry about your Blue... Hope he makes it!!!!!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope so too!! I even got pictures of my maroon gal xD her colors changes a bit.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My poor cotton ball.. I feel real bad for him. Columnaris must be a terrible ordeal for any fish to have to go through! On his belly, in his gills, on his head, sides, fins... D: The one betta I've seen worse than him...well two... one was looking the same but floating more. The other had open wounds, which seemed like they've burst or were scraped raw!

See all the discolored areas? other than the black head..... just all fuzz and disease D:

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I guess the rescue was a bit too late... Blue had died while I was out :-( But hey, he was given clean water, 2 gallons in fact... So he didn't die in a cup in a store where nobody cared!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Unfortunately I guess the rescue was a bit too late... Blue had died while I was out :-( But hey, he was given clean water, 2 gallons in fact... So he didn't die in a cup in a store where nobody cared!
Aww I'm so sorry! At least he passed more comfortably than he would've with out you. <3

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah :) I told the manager he probably wouldn't make it, but I wanted to try - and he's really good with that.

OMG Georgie.... :lol: His color is coming out beautifully. He is very active in the 1.7, and I was 2 feet away and the little grump flared at me :lol: I am pretty sure the phrase "I am bigger than you!" works for ALL my othe bettas, including my fighter o_o He did eat immediately yesterday.
His body is kind of a soft purple, and his caudal is strating to go a lovely blue <3 well... Where the fins aren't blackened and shrivelled from goldie ammonia!! His fins look like crumpled paper :/ or more like crumpled tissue paper! Once they heal up, I bet they'll be THICK.

I just wish I knew what age he was xD I've NEVER seen a large veil tail! EVER!!! :eek: and by large I mean a sturdy "thick" body.

Oh, I intend to get him in a 5 gallon WITHOUT a filter because his "bouyancy" issues in the store was from the filter!! I wanna go to petsmart and get that 5 gallon I saw, which is just the tank itself for I think 10.00? and then his own adjustable heater which is cheaper online :) I have one plant in there and he is thrilled :roll: No one has fake plants for goldies (well, wholesalers I doubt do) so he is loving the lonely, peaceful, filter free life!!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh Georgie, you ol' grump :roll: He flares only at me... Not his betta neighbors (both smexy females in separate tanks :lol:) he lvoes his ONE plant in there, and is pretty active. But... because he looks so darn big, I want to get him that 5 gallon D: geesh it's bugging me...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Awwww I'm sorry about blue :( georgie looks like he's doing great!!!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's like a giant, grumpy Shiloh o_o My curious question... Why is he so big? I realized kings are only PK... so why is my VT large? xD unless it was because whoever had him and the goldies had an awfully large tank, and there was ample space? I know what extra room does for bettas - my females showed me what 9 gallons differene made! :shock: Hopefully his "crumpled tissue paper" fins will get better :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm really sorry about blue.:-( But LOVE that pic of Georgie!!!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol: thanks! I knew Blue wouldn't make it, but that's fine. I tried, and at least gave him a home for the few hours I had him :p

As for Georgie... I wish there was a way to tell an age of a betta o.o

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Me too! Lol.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
true :)

:lol: :lol: OMG Georgie has the most droopy fins I have ever seen on a veil xD

1 - 20 of 56 Posts