Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first is, my betta Dragon when i feed my other fish, he goes nuts and starts swimming around like a lunatic and sometimes slams himself into the wall for my attention. Is this something I need to be concerned about? How can I make him stop this?

My second question is also about Dragon. Recently, I noticed there was a chunk missing out of his tail. In the eight months I've had him, he has NEVER bitten his tail but my plant that I have in there is too soft for him to rip it on so I am assuming he is biting. What can I do to help it heal and prevent him from biting even more?

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
That's normal behavior with bettas and food. He'll be fine, I don't think he would hurt himself just because he saw some food. ;-)
It's most likely he does.. Most of the causes of biting are; Light, open areas, and tank mates, and boredom of decor. Try to lower the lighting and maybe add some decorations, or even rearrange! :p

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's normal behavior with bettas and food. He'll be fine, I don't think he would hurt himself just because he saw some food. ;-)
It's most likely he does.. Most of the causes of biting are; Light, open areas, and tank mates, and boredom of decor. Try to lower the lighting and maybe add some decorations, or even rearrange! :p
This is going to sound bad, but I have him in a one gallon tank and he doesn't have lighting in it. The only light he gets is from when I am in my dorm room. I do have a barrier between him and my fish in his other tank plus he doesn't have tank mates. I don't have any decor really because I can't fit a lot into his tank. I am thinking about upgrading him to a three gallon critter keeper and get some more decoration

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Bettas may also bite because of heavy fins. Just try to upgrade and see what happens.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bettas may also bite because of heavy fins. Just try to upgrade and see what happens.
I'm going to do that this weekend. He is the one in my profile picture before he had bit his tail. I am so dissapointed because i love his tail, it's so pretty. I don't know what color he is, but he has a lighter outline around his fins like a butterfly its pretty neat. He is such a butthead and a drama queen:roll:

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
He's so pretty! :3 It's a shame. The joy of betta-keeping. lol :roll:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's so pretty! :3 It's a shame. The joy of betta-keeping. lol :roll:
Thank you :3 I will tell him that. Well, he went home with my mom today because tommorrow I am moving out of my dorm for winter break. He is actually my first dragon scale delta tail I've ever had. Normally, I've had crowntails or veil tails. I want my next fish to be a plakat :) but I've had Dragon for eight months, a gift from my ex who is out fighting right now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm going to do that this weekend. He is the one in my profile picture before he had bit his tail. I am so dissapointed because i love his tail, it's so pretty. I don't know what color he is, but he has a lighter outline around his fins like a butterfly its pretty neat. He is such a butthead and a drama queen:roll:
The way his back fin and his tail flow together in your picture. hes very pretty! I would imagine he will love a bigger tank! hopefully thats helps!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The way his back fin and his tail flow together in your picture. hes very pretty! I would imagine he will love a bigger tank! hopefully thats helps!
Thank you :) and I will get onto that this weekend when I get paid and actually have time. I've been trying to do it, but its been a hectic month with college and everything. I love his color and tail too much for it to be destroyed by that monster mouth :/ he is a butthead:roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts