Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heaters have brought me nothing but trouble! I bought a new one at petsmart its Topfin one. I tested it out for a day to see if it made the water cloudy and it didn't but now that my fish is in the water looks cloudy. I don't know if its from the heater but idk what else can be causing the cloudiness. i want to buy a decent cheap heater. I would like to hear what good heaters you guys have. Its a small tank 1.77 gallons. I would like one that you can preset the temperature and has numbers.... thanks

Also can the cloudiness affect Benz... I am doing a 50% water change tomorrow

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I'm not sure if there are any adjustable heaters for smaller aquariums but heaters I've used on tanks such as yours is the Aqueon Mini heater 10w. It has a set temperature but on the bright side, it has never failed me ;) You can also get this heater at Petsmart.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying!

Im going to try the Cascade heaters, but would a 50 watt be okay for a 2.5 gallon

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Not that knowledgable on heaters but cloudiness does happen and will go away. It's like a bacteria thing. Do you rinse your heaters before putting them in?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I rinsed them then put them in a tank for a whole day to sit there and test them out.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered three Cascade heaters. Hope all goes well with them.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found the most reliable heater is the Hydor Theo. I have used many 25w in 1.5 - 5 gallon tanks....never a problem:)
Your betta in your avatar is lovely btw

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any Comments on Cascade heaters?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts