Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to Petco today to get some dog food (I didn't realize we were out until I got home yesterday) meaning I might be bringing home another Betta lol. I was told they were getting in a shipment today or tomorrow... so I am hoping they have a decent crowntail male waiting for me :) I don't have my tank divided yet, but if I change the water in his cup so its clean, would it be totally horrible if he stayed in it one more night?

·
Registered
717 Posts
As long as you changed the water in his cup he could stay in there one more night.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It'd be perfectly fine. If he was left in the store, he'd be in his cup anyway, so if you cleaned out the cup, he'd be even happier.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I'm hoping to make a late night Walmart run tonight to get the stuff for a divider, so it shouldn't be too long. And do I have to secure the divider with silicone or will substrate be enough to hold it up? I plan on cutting the plastic canvas a teeny bit bigger to help hold its self up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sorry I don't know anything about dividing tanks but I do hope to divide one for 4 of my 5 boys(Carlisle gets a 5.5 gallon all to himself for the rest of his life cause he is my old nerotic man and he is spolied:-D)I will have to see pictures of your new CT male when you get one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a small divider i have 2 males and 2 females.I have one male in a divider in the 15gallon tank will the other mail is running free,them females are with them as well.the males try to fight but they keep on hitting the glass.I did have 2 other females but my cousin took them out and put them in my dogs pee pad and they died.she is 12 and she is a HUGE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I got a small divider i have 2 males and 2 females.I have one male in a divider in the 15gallon tank will the other mail is running free,them females are with them as well.the males try to fight but they keep on hitting the glass.I did have 2 other females but my cousin took them out and put them in my dogs pee pad and they died.she is 12 and she is a HUGE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE tell me I misread and that you are NOT keeping a male with 2 females... 2 females together isnt a great idea either. they should be in groups of 5+

·
Registered
717 Posts
PLEASE tell me I misread and that you are NOT keeping a male with 2 females... 2 females together isnt a great idea either. they should be in groups of 5+
I belive the females died when she said her cousin killed them, but it sounds like she said the males are together:evil:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So no cute boys :( Which is ok, it just gives me more time to get the tank ready. Found out that Petco sells actual live plants now, but they totally rape you for them... excuse my language :p A small Marimo ball (about 1 1/2 inches diameter) was $12, a nana, tied to a small rock was like $10... I will DEFINITLY be buying online :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
krisAredwings-can you clarify on "while the other male is running free?" Running free like in tank all by himself? Also, can you reword your arrangement. I think there might be a misunderstanding. No one is trying to falsely accuse you. Is this correct?

15 gal divided into three sections: Sec. 1-male. Sec. 2-female. Sec. 3-female
?gal-male

1 - 11 of 11 Posts