Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I recently set up my 45l betta fish tank with a filter which is too quick for the betta. Does anyone have any suggested filters for a tank this size with slow flow, ideally not a sponge filter as the air pump would be too loud also an amazon link with prime would be great cause can get it on next day delivery.

Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
have any suggested filters for a tank this size with slow flow,
I don't, but would you want to baffle the outflow on the one you have? There are do-it-yourself variations, for example I took a couple pieces of plastic mesh, overlapped them and threaded a couple of plastic cable ties through those and around my filter. Worked liked a charm for my boy :)

·
Super Moderator
18,786 Posts
What kind of filter? Is it adjustable? I'm trying to find UK models comparable to the ones I use/like.

Your tank is a bit bigger than a US 10 gallon so I would say you need a filter suitable for a 15 gallon US filter..

I like Hang on Back (HOB) filters but whatever you get here are some of my guidelines:

You want one that is adjustable;
Has a LPG rate of at least 500;
If the filter comes with cartridge inserts, I change out the media and use ceramic rings (in a mesh bag) and sponge inserts;
Do not get a filter where the maximum tank is 45l. Go up one size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts