Betta Fish Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I have all the Bacopa (6 stems) and most of the rotala (8 stems) remaining - so I was thinking I can make a package of the following + a handful of Dwarf Water Lettuce and moss portion for $14 shipped.

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi umar,
I'm wondering about the plants you are labeling as "low-light/easy"..
What are the tank specifications? CO2, ferts, substrate, etc..
Or does that differ depending on what you have for sale at that moment?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Low-light/easy plants generally do not require extensive ferts. I've found that they can get by with just root tabs and no excel (liquid co2), although of course the growth from these conditions is not going to be lush.

I keep saying this to the members around here: I highly recommend buying liquid fertilizers. If you're going to invest $20+ in plants, why not invest the same amount to buy Flourish excel and comprehensive to ensure that you KEEP your plants for the long run? Just my 2 cents here...

Diffused co2 and EI ferts are only for those who keep harder-to-grow plants, and I don't offer them for sale here very often because most people haven't invested in those types of setups.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for your reply!

So you're saying unless stated otherwise, the "low tech/low light" plants you sell are supplemented with root tabs and liquid C02 ("Flourish excel and comprehensive")?

What substrate do you use for your rooting plants?

Thank you

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thank you for your reply!

So you're saying unless stated otherwise, the "low tech/low light" plants you sell are supplemented with root tabs and liquid C02 ("Flourish excel and comprehensive")?

What substrate do you use for your rooting plants?

Thank you
All my plants are grown with diffused or supplemented co2. What I recommend is that the harder species should be given proper nutrients and care requirements before the buyer invest in buying a few stems.

Substrate wise, I use floramax black, seachem fluroite, and ADA aquasoil.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
A bit delayed, but I received my package. The plants were packed really well and there was hardly any wilting. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Which Plants do you currently have in a bundle? I'm interested in low-medium plants, do you have any? Also by $--shipped you mean that's it's that price including shipping?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Plant sale 2/5/15

Hey everyone!

So to answer the last few q's: Yes, my price when labeled "Shipped" means that shipping costs have been included in the price.

As for the first question: Yes, I do have packages for sale after a (small) hiatus.

Both packages will contain the same species and quantities, but each will have a different bonus plant - just to keep things interesting.

For $17 shipped, you get:

- 1 golfball of mixed moss (mostly Java/Peacock)
- 1 golfball Guppy Grass
- 5+ plants Dwarf Water Lettuce
- 5 stems Ludwigia arcuata x repens
- 1 stem Water wisteria
- BONUS plant (I will label for you)
- 3 stems Rotala rotundifolia
DSC01905.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Where was this when I had the money??

·
Registered
78 Posts
What kind of lightning do you have? I am also a begginner and have had luck with Java Moss, it's indestructible. I had some in a tank with no light and it's still thriving, but growing slow. I also have luck with Anachris.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What kind of lightning do you have? I am also a begginner and have had luck with Java Moss, it's indestructible. I had some in a tank with no light and it's still thriving, but growing slow. I also have luck with Anachris.
Im using the 15W that came with the tank. I honestly never keep it on because I find it really harsh and any betta I have had in this tank reacts terribly to it (they get restless). I just got a marimo moss ball, as part of my redecorating process which is why Im considering live plants since Ive seen how nice they look and how helpful they are to the betta and tank life.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Ok guys - let's keep the discussion about our methods and setups WITHIN the respective forums that are present on this same website.

Anywho, bserrano, if you're asking me this question, chances are that you need to do a lot more research about low-tech plants. Look at crypts, mosses, floaters, and easy stems such as common Ludwigia and bacopa species.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
+1. this is just a place for Umar to post plant packages that they are selling and for people to inquire about plants being sold.

If you have questions about setting up a planted tank. Go to the Planted Tank section of this forum.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
One more package is available of what I put up on 2/5.

Shipped for $16 because I want it GONE and I can ship out today if payment is made within the next few hours.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Alright folks, this run has been good, but for the time being I'm not going to sell plants on these forums anymore.

This decision was made in behalf of me just wanting to be a vendor - not a personal aquatic supervisor (you get my drift). I'll be selling on popular "auction" sites and other forums, so look for me there if you need me. Kudos to all my customers because they helped my love of tanks expand into something I am extremely passionate about. :)

For the moment, I guess this thread can be locked?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I feel very fortunate to get in on the tail end of Umars plant store here on the forum. I received my plants today and set up my new tank (on the left) this evening. Thank you for the beautiful plants, I LOVE them!!!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts