Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my last few betta fish died, I didn't really want to try to take care of another, for fear of killing even more of them. I assume he wasn't happy living in a community tank since betta fish are loners? Anyway, atm I have 3 black neon tetras, 5 guppies of different kinds, and one danio since his friends just died. I have a few live plants and caves in a 20-gallon tank. I'm looking on here for some knowledge on how to take care of a community tank. How much and what to feed, upkeep, if I should get more danios, how to keep my plants alive, and just any other pointers, since I am now doubting all the research I've done about aquariums. I see sooo much conflicting information on aquarium maintenance, and I'm hoping to find some info from real people who have fish.

· Registered
1 fish, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 10 horses, 1 pig
246 Posts
Hello!
As @Jalderman said, tetras are 24/7 fin nippers. They are extremely known to be betta harassers.
I say, get RID (not necessarily, you could start a new school in a different tank!) of the tetras. Try getting a more suitable tank mate like Cory catfish.

Also, could you take pictures of your betta? Also some of your beautiful tank!
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts