Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how to send fish so its just gonna be for someone who lives in Belgium..

When I bought my Betta, the guy at the store said that it should not be a problem to put my betta in a tank with other fish. turns out its not the case. My Betta already attacked several guppys and neons. So I had to put him in another tank (the shrimptank). But that did not turned out to be the best decision either... So now He's having a miserable life in a little cage. The store won't accept the fish anymore so now im stuck. I currently really don't have the money (and time) to spend on another tank (with cleaning system, heatingsystem, plants, gravel,...) It would take weeks before the new tank would be ready for the betta And Im not sure that he can hold on so long in this little cage.. I bought him for 20 euros and already posted threads on other websites.. But nobody gave any reaction.

I reaaaaaallly love him, im not even sure if I really want to sell him but I don't have other choice right now.

Here are some pictures of him:

·
Registered
562 Posts
He's a lovely fish but your best bet is to house him by himself even in a 1gal tank.
As long as the temp isn't fluctuating too much he should be fine. They're hardy fish. They survive 2 weeks of shipping in small containers.

If possible, you can put him in your established tanks. I think they have those additional compartments that you add to the side (forgot the name) - it basically lets you keep aggressive fish/fry isolated from the rest of the tank and still get the benefits of the heater and filter.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
could you not buy a spawning tank that could float in your main tank, and let him live in that, or is that what he is currently in? You can get them in different sizes, because the tank water flows through them he would be fine in that. just put a bit of plant in there for him to hide in he will be quite happy.

The other thing you could do is look at making a divider for you tank and sectioning off a small area at one end of the main tank for him to live in, there are a few threads about on how to make them. if your interested I think I have the info on how to make them on one thread in my user CP that I could attach the link for, let me know if it is something you want to consider. And I will dig it out of my list.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's currently in those little spawning cages in my shrimp tank.

@ Beautiful betta, Im actually very interested; I could put him (divided) in my brothers tank. But I would for that I would have to make a wall with holes that is high enough, plus im doubting that the water flow is going to be strong enough to make a healthy circulation of water...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts