Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a new betta about 3 hours ago. When I bought her, I was aware of how stressed and unhealthy she is... However I was hooked on healing her because my whole life I wanted a yellow betta and I finnaly found one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to heal her.

1) her fins are clamped tightly. They weren't when I bought her... But they just recently clamped.
2) she rarily moves. Since I found her, she was only interested in sitting at the top, occasionally gasping to get some air like a healthy betta would.
3) she seems to have tightened her body. She clamped her fins and somehow shortened her body by bending her spine.
4) she won't eat. I know this normal in a new betta but I bought another as well, and she ate right away.
5) she has no reaction. I quarantined her now, but I had her in a sorority for 5 minutes... When another betta flared at her she did nothing. Didn't even move.

Please help. I really don't want to lose the dream betta I've been looking for for years. I always wanted a yellow betta and finally found one.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Housing
What size is your tank? 10 gallon (currently have her separated in a breeding box)
What temperature is your tank? 79F
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 2 female bettas (sectioned off)

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Bloodworms, flakes, pellets, peas
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 times (she doesn't eat)

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? New tank, never did yet (yes it is cycled)
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25-40%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Water conditioner, aquarium salt

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7
Hardness: gh- 180
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? clamped fins
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Always been stressed
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Before I bought her
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Quarantined, aquarium salt, stress relief
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Since purchase
How old is your fish (approximately)? Adult

****forgot to mention!!!!
She has also been laying eggs since I found her. Some look deformed, some look normal. Never been with a male.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts