Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to make a unique tank for the half moon betta that i plan to buy. The tank is gonna be 2-5 gallons but i cant think of anything unique. Any ideas???/

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I seen pics of old TV's and old apple computers used as tanks but Im not sure what they did to make it work.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
You could go into a dollar shop and find a really nice decorative vase or bowl (looking for width, not height) of one gallon capacity or greater. With a heater, a soil base and some really dense planting (and maybe a couple of RCS) I think that would be beautiful.

One thing I've wanted to try for a while is to get half a wine cask, such as they sell for ponds, remove some of the planks and replace them with glass. How to get it curved would be an issue, though.

One idea I saw for transforming an ordinary glass tank into something super cool: someone got a model galleon and sunk it in their tank, making the betta look like a shark circling a shipwreck. Very cool.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I also know I've seen someone maybe it was on youtube make tanks out of styrofoam?? If I find the link I'll post it. Awesome thread!
Wasnt there a debate about if it would leak harmful chemicals into the water after a while? :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts