Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have already started the Betta fix for 3 days so should I stop or continue for the 7 full days it says? I will try one of those antibiotics you suggested next. He still acts normal and eats well so it's strange.

·
Banned
Grim Reaper the Platinum dragon betta
412 Posts
for an antibiotic I use Amoxicillin (AKA Fishbiotic)it treats a whole lot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I've been doing more water changes and adding more aquarium salt and almond leaves and he seems to be improving. I've always used quite a bit of the probiotic mixture I mentioned before. Also used some of the betta fix and not sure if it did anything or not. The other day I noticed the large lump on his bottom fin disappeared. Not sure if it healed or just fell off. He still has some lumps on his body but still has a good appetite, except for one day right before I noticed that fin lump disappear. I couldn't find any of those antibiotics at any petstore I went to but I ordered some pimafix to try which I haven't got yet. Here are some pics I just took yesterday. The white area where some fin appears to be missing is where the lump was. You can also see on his face where the scales were turning white they are now turning brownish. Not sure if that is something fungal too or if it's possibly from the tannins in the water from the almond leaves.. Any other thoughts? thank you!!

Attachments

·
Banned
Bettas: Strider, Smauge, Val, Kumar, Lady, Cookies, Donatella, Nerissa, and Tabitha. L Gecko: George
417 Posts
I agree I use spectrum and omega one none have been refused
My betta's really like fluvle bug bites and northfin pellets. Highly recommend.

·
Banned
Bettas: Strider, Smauge, Val, Kumar, Lady, Cookies, Donatella, Nerissa, and Tabitha. L Gecko: George
417 Posts
Really no advice except to keep doing what you are doing. Are the growths fuzzy in anyway or do they look smooth? I'm wondering about cancer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Really no advice except to keep doing what you are doing. Are the growths fuzzy in anyway or do they look smooth? I'm wondering about cancer.
They are smooth so I was thinking maybe tumors too if they weren't fungal :( I'll keep up with everything and I have switched to better food pellets as was suggested before. I will try the pimafix too when I get it as I don't think it could hurt? thank you!

·
Premium Member
2 chihuahuas, a chameleon, 4 betta splendens and 1 betta mahachai.
828 Posts
Furan 2 or Kanaplex preferably. Other options such as Methylene Blue, Potassium Permanganate, or even some Malachite Green. I can do further research.

What part of Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
They're either cysts or tumors.
The one on the fin that fell off is in all likelihood a cyst, it happens. The brown stuff could be a fungus, hard to tell.
You're not going to get the antibiotics in Canada unless you know someone. The Methylene Blue dips would be a good start.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
They're either cysts or tumors.
The one on the fin that fell off is in all likelihood a cyst, it happens. The brown stuff could be a fungus, hard to tell.
You're not going to get the antibiotics in Canada unless you know someone. The Methylene Blue dips would be a good start.
I happen to live in her city and have a few on hand, which is why I asked. The only one I have available that I think would work would be furan 2.

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
If he's still acting and eating normally, I'd give him a week with MB daily dips.
Also want to swap from aquarium salt to epsom salt to pull the fluid if they're cysts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Furan 2 or Kanaplex preferably. Other options such as Methylene Blue, Potassium Permanganate, or even some Malachite Green. I can do further research.

What part of Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Alberta. I went looking for those antibiotics you mentioned before and couldn't find them. I did try that betta revive once already which has the methylene blue in it. Could I maybe try that for another week? I wasn't sure if you could use two courses of treatment of it or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
If he's still acting and eating normally, I'd give him a week with MB daily dips.
Also want to swap from aquarium salt to epsom salt to pull the fluid if they're cysts.
I have used a week of this already about a month ago. Is it okay to try another week of it? And how would I pull fluid from the cysts?

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I'm in Alberta. I went looking for those antibiotics you mentioned before and couldn't find them. I did try that betta revive once already which has the methylene blue in it. Could I maybe try that for another week? I wasn't sure if you could use two courses of treatment of it or not.
Antibiotics are illegal in all of Canada. We can get MB and some ich meds and the “fix” meds but that’s about it.
I keep a few meds on hand just for emergencies, I get them from eBay.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts