Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have used a week of this already about a month ago. Is it okay to try another week of it? And how would I pull fluid from the cysts?
oh sorry I had read that wrong...OK so switch to Epsom salt to pull the fluid got it! thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
I have used a week of this already about a month ago. Is it okay to try another week of it? And how would I pull fluid from the cysts?
Cysts are usually fluid filled and the epsom salt causes a osmotic difference to pull fluid. If he's been off it for a month, you can start another round for no more than 10 days.

·
Premium Member
2 chihuahuas, a chameleon, 4 betta splendens and 1 betta mahachai.
828 Posts
Cysts are usually fluid filled and the epsom salt causes a osmotic difference to pull fluid. If he's been off it for a month, you can start another round for no more than 10 days.
Agreed with everything- please send updates :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Short epsom salts are what I prefer as they can be more concentrated. Would you like the recipe?

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Here is a good guide, but make sure to scroll down to the bath section.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I would do every other day for 3 days and then daily for 4 days and see if he has any improvements after 7 days of epsom salt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So I finished those 7 days of the Epsom baths as you suggested. He might be slightly better but the large lump and white lump are still there and his scales on his face actually seem to look a little worse. Almost like there is a wound there/infection. Would it be helpful to try Epsom baths for longer ? Or should I try the methylene again or betta fix??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Also I notice today that the where the growth on the fin fell off on his underside, it is regrowing. He still acts normal and eats well. I've been trying to feed less in case he is bloated too.

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
Check his progress for a couple more days. We could give him another round of methylene blue after if he starts to regress.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
He does seem to be bloated for sure now and more large lumps on the body. He still wants to eat though and acts normal except he lies down after eating, sometimes on his side for awhile. And the new growths on the bottom fins one part looks almost clear.

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
The clear growth of his fins is a good sign.
Him still eating a good sign.
The lumps and him listing after eating are bad signs. If they are tumors, there's a slight chance to take care of it if it's bacterial, otherwise, there's nothing to be done.

Normally I'd say let's give Kanaplex a shot, but I don't think you can get that in Canada. Do you have any meds available?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
So don't bother with the methylene again If?
Yes If you could get me some that would be wonderful. I actually am isolating with covid right now but maybe you could drop some off for me on my doorstep?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts