Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thought I'd give an update on my two:
Maja- She's just such a joy to have, she's so hyper and she has gotten a lot more cellophane on her since I got her, her black has also darkened. It's so unique. I actually want to breed her really badly. (If I did I'd wait till summer when I have unlimited time to do stuff lol.) Would it be okay to breed her with a halfmoon to try and pass on the yellow/cellophane? Just considering it, still a long way till summer.
When I bought her:

Today:

Also my first boy Gilbert. He had fin rot when I bought him, and I don't think I treated it well enough because it came back and ate him some more. He's been good since about December, but his fins are just not growing back. They've grown A LITTLE, I can see the clearness on the ends that's new growth, but they just don't seem to be growing as fast as they should. I heard 1/2tsp/gallon aq salt might help? Or would tannins possibly help too? :s Here's his photo today (also note that the bigger chunks missing from it are just from him biting his tail -__-):

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gilbert's pectorals already grew back funny, they're like split in two at the bottom. lol. Silly Gilbert.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know she is a pineapple lol, even though there was some debate when I got her. When I say she's unique I mean that she's a pineapple with cellophane.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
if you can get some, Indian Almond Leaf really helps with fin growth. i'm using it with my adopted HMDT, Twitch, who was a nasty tail biter. :V it also helps them relax and feel more comfortable about their surroundings. :B

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you can get some, Indian Almond Leaf really helps with fin growth. i'm using it with my adopted HMDT, Twitch, who was a nasty tail biter. :V it also helps them relax and feel more comfortable about their surroundings. :B
Hmm, I don't think I can order things online, parents wouldn't let me. Maybe since they're pretty cheap though. Do you think a fish store would have IAL?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Maja looks identical to my Aurora

1 - 10 of 10 Posts