Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago i discovered that one of my girls in my 55gal community was actually a boy. Her name was Adora. He has been renamed Romulus.
I have found a home for him with a co-worker who knows fish the way we do :D. Currently he is residing in the 10gal that used to house the gold fish.

A couple days after moving him, he started to build a bubble nest :D.

Here is a couple pictures of him being all cute.

Also, the sorority!
The plants have grown and almost taken over the tank! I had to move a few to Romulus's tank to make room for the girls. After Romulus goes to my friend, i will be upgrading their tank to a 20gal long.

And lastly, my little furry helper dog, Memphis:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I love your sorority tank!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am jealous of those of you who can have plants but don't get out of control algae! I don't think I am going to do plants this time around. I couldn't seem to get the plant food and light just right. :p

Great pics!!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Do I see... DOUBLE TAIL FEMALE?! <3
Omg! Awesome :3 It's such a pretty tank!
Poor Romulous.. He was living the good life with the ladies! Until they would have decided to kill him! xD

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Wow love your sorority tank with all the plants looks so good

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am jealous of those of you who can have plants but don't get out of control algae! I don't think I am going to do plants this time around. I couldn't seem to get the plant food and light just right. :p

Great pics!!
Thank you!!

Algae is controlled by my four Amano shrimp. They are the most efficient algae eaters out there! Best purchase I have ever made. They even eat BBA!!!!
I have Eco-Complete substrate and I dose the tank with Flourish Excel (not just flourish, it contains copper and will kill the shrimp) every couple days, and add root tabs every other month or so. My lighting is poor, since they don't make flora-sun lightbulbs smaller then 18" (my hood requires 12") which is one of the main reasons I am upgrading the sorority in the next few months to a 20gal long.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do I see... DOUBLE TAIL FEMALE?! <3
Omg! Awesome :3 It's such a pretty tank!
Poor Romulous.. He was living the good life with the ladies! Until they would have decided to kill him! xD
YUP! Her name is Cornix, and she was my SPECTACULAR find at petco. She is green :-D and was labeled a VEILTAIL. I got her for $2.89!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for comparison, here is what the sorority tank looked like a couple months ago:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts