Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend works for Petco, and she found a betta on the floor where someone dropped it and left it. She brought it home and she's now in a new tank. She's by some miracle alive, and it's been about three hours since she was discovered on the Petco floor (2 hours since she's been in a nice tank). She is having a hard time not laying on her side at the top of the tank when she stops moving. Is there anything I can do to help her?

She's currently is in a one gallon tank, and it's heated and hopefully more comfortable for her than a little cup! I have plans to add her to my sorority tank if she survives and gains back her strength! But yeah, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! 馃挆

Registered
Micheal, Betta 6 months, Neon Tetra, 9 Dwarf Gourami 1, False Julii Corydoras
My girlfriend works for Petco, and she found a betta on the floor where someone dropped it and left it. She brought it home and she's now in a new tank. She's by some miracle alive, and it's been about three hours since she was discovered on the Petco floor (2 hours since she's been in a nice tank). She is having a hard time not laying on her side at the top of the tank when she stops moving. Is there anything I can do to help her?

She's currently is in a one gallon tank, and it's heated and hopefully more comfortable for her than a little cup! I have plans to add her to my sorority tank if she survives and gains back her strength! But yeah, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Do almond tea leaves, or betta leaves at petco, or decaf roobois tea as it鈥檚 like there natural environment color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Sounds like she is in shock. Depending on how far of a fall she took she could have internal damage. Was she still wet when your girlfriend found her? If she dried even a little her slime coat will need to replenish. Don鈥檛 be surprised if it looks like she has a sunburn for the next few days. Her slime coat may be sloughing off because she dried out some. It is amazing how long betta fish can last out of water. I had a male jump out of his tank and I found him hours later with his fins dried to the board he landed on! He made a full recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Registered
Sounds like she is in shock. Depending on how far of a fall she took she could have internal damage. Was she still wet when your girlfriend found her? If she dried even a little her slime coat will need to replenish. Don鈥檛 be surprised if it looks like she has a sunburn for the next few days. Her slime coat may be sloughing off because she dried out some. It is amazing how long betta fish can last out of water. I had a male jump out of his tank and I found him hours later with his fins dried to the board he landed on! He made a full recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!
While you fill out the form. Which is good as it only allows us to guess at what her parameters are, I would dose with aquarium salt, it helps with external injuries and Gil function which is helpful. Especially in your situation. But get the form as soon as possible. And I recommended the roobois tea and ial as they have anti fungal and anti bacterial properties which will help with a slime coat exposure.

Premium Member
My girlfriend works for Petco, and she found a betta on the floor where someone dropped it and left it. She brought it home and she's now in a new tank. She's by some miracle alive, and it's been about three hours since she was discovered on the Petco floor
While you fill out the form. Which is good as it only allows us to guess at what her parameters are,

In this instance I don鈥檛 feel that the form is relevant. I sincerely hope the fish made it though.

Registered
In this instance I don鈥檛 feel that the form is relevant. I sincerely hope the fish made it though.
Yeah, I agree, but certain things are good to know, meds, food, parameters, behaviors. Not everything about tank size and such as it is a hospital tank, but yeah I agree.

Registered

She's currently is in a one gallon tank, and it's heated and hopefully more comfortable for her than a little cup! I have plans to add her to my sorority tank if she survives and gains back her strength! But yeah, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
And her fall could have caused swim bladder issues, so I would try a epsom salt bath.

Premium Member
2 chihuahuas, a chameleon, 4 betta splendens and 1 betta mahachai.
And her fall could have caused swim bladder issues, so I would try a epsom salt bath.

I disagree, it can do more harm than good to do unnecessary things when we don't know what it caused. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts