Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, long story short, my "obese" Longfin Blue Danios were actually fat AND eggy, so when I separated the individual offenders out, they bred. So, now I have nearly a hundred Danio fry too small to eat any of the food I've offered. I blended frozen brine shrimp to pieces and put it in, so they *do* have SOMETHING to eat (and I see a few full bellies) but they're just in a 3G Kritter Keeper with a silk plant and gravel. I can't figure out how to get them into a different container, either. So, any help would be appreciated... Which means I'm looking for MW and VE cultures, stat. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Is Sera Micron available where you live? It's what I start my rainbowfish fry on, and it's a commonly used first food for species where the fry are small and feed at the surface.

Oops I didn't realise this post was in the marketplace. But if you don't have any food on hand, maybe you can find some Micron to tide you over.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see... I also crushed OO pellets to bits but I don't think they're eating yet.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I think NLS also make a fry starter food, although I'm not sure how fine the powder is compared to Sera Micron, which seems to come more highly recommended.

I'm not sure how large danio fry are. As the rainbowfish fry are much too small to take foods like BBS or microworms right away, I use the powdered foods until I can wean them over onto live foods.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently our pet stores carry neither... attached is a pic of the fry, the Anubias in the corner is a Petite (I think) so only around 2-3cm wide and ~10cm long. This is only a fraction of the fry.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hikari makes a fry food. It's usually a very easy brand to find. I've read things about using the yolk from a hard boiled egg in an emergency, or simply using green water and/or decaying IAL/plants to provide microorganisms the fry can feed one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts