Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fish is coming!!! I'm going to he city where there are fish places Tomarrow but my mom needs to get me money from the bank because I'm in school and so I need to know an estimate of how much to have her get. I'm looking for a tank 2-5 gallons, a good heater, and gravel, food, silk plants, hides, water conditioner, ext... How much roughly should I have her withdraw if I'm going to petco and walmart (and possibly a dollar store). Please help, time is VERY important here

·
Registered
327 Posts
It depends, but I would get more than what you think. 'Cause if you go with not enough money you're screwed lol.
I would bring $80-$120, depending on where you go.
That's about how much I spend on each new setup.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thank you so much

·
Registered
337 Posts
Decorations can be anywhere from $3-50+ It really plans on what you want to get! Silk plants vs actual sculpture decorations will lower your spending considerably, so remember to budget! A good heater for a small bowl can be up to $20, adding a filter will cost maybe $20-$40. If you go with those glass rock things they're pretty cheap at about $5 each. They also sell the same rocks at Michael's craft store (just make sure you buy ones that are aquarium safe and non mirrored). They might even be cheaper there instead of a pet store. I think I spent maybe $50ish setting up my 3 gallon bowl (24 for bowl, 6 for rocks, 6 for plants, 16 or so for heater). I'd say take out $100 just to be safe~ The items that will cost you the most are the tank and the filter. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here, I came up with a list for you:
5.5 gallon tank with hood,light,and filter: $30
5 pounds of gravel: $6
Cave: $12
2 Silk Plants: $12
50 Watt heater: $32
Prime WC: $5
Siphon(if you don't have one): $10
Omega One pellets: $5

That's about a estimate of what you would get, so it this list would be $112 not including taxes. But you can probably get things for cheaper where you are, just depends on what you want/get.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thank you all sooo much

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now... I will not get another fish, I will not get another fish, I will not get another fish...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know it's already been answered but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I've literally just gotten my 5.5 gallon setup put together, with all said an done it set me back roughly $80 (I was able to get my silk plants on sale, if they hadn't been then number would be closer to $100) but that's buying everything new having not had an aquarium before.

·
Registered
167 Posts
When I bought the "full set" for my 2.5 gallon tank (minus substrate), it came to all about 50 bucks (the tank, a heater, a filter, the betta fish, the moss ball). I'd recommend 80-100 USA dollars, as someone else had said if you're literally starting from scratch.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, super exitied... I'm going today!!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yay! :-D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And shopping is done. I got the 5g Tera kit, 2 anacharis, gravel, omega one, stress coat, aqua salt, a heater, stick on thermometer, and water conditioner (cannot remember the brand right now). I will be putting the huge rock garden at my house to use, my family has a problem with rocks, and will be testing them with vinegar and then making my own decor. Thanks for all your help, but ooof, it's expensive where I live. Over $100, and my mom had to help me out, but it's ok because I've been landscaping with her company for free (then again it's her and my dad (tequnically step dad but I love him like a dad I never had)). I will be setting it up tomarrow, but it's so exiting!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all so much to everyone who has helped me so farm and I will need it more than ever in the next few months, as everything is officially, this is the end, no turning back, end of the world decisions are coming up in June. I've started a journal, which can be followed at http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?p=4439586#post4439586 and will no longer be updating this thread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts