Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! This is my first Betta Fish in a while, and just brought him home yesterday and I'm a little worried about him. When I first put him in his new bowl, he wasn't reacting a lot and I just assumed that it was because he was stressed out from the new environment. But it's been a little over a day now, he hasn't been eating, he just floats at the top of the bowl on his side most of the time, and it looks like his gills are both swollen, although one looks worse than the other.

I have a lamp on the water cause I was afraid that the temperature was too cold for him. His fins are still active for the most part, but something still isn't right. I don't know what exactly is wrong or what to do. Can anyone please help?!?!

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Get a thermometer check the temp it needs to be 78 to 80 F a lamp is not good to heat the tank you can use towels as well

Second did you use water conditioner? Did you acclimate hin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try and get my hands on a thermometer. I bought a water heater and should get here in a few days. I did use water conditioner try to keep the environment calm so he doesn't get stressed.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Ok good now just cover it with towels and turn off the lamp that way he can destress

1 - 7 of 7 Posts