Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am so glad that you didn't say "bleach" anywhere in your cleaning process. Some people think that you can use bleach to clean their tanks. But its very touchy because if you don't rinse it enough the extra chemicals will kill your fish. The filter is probably clean enough, but if you are worried just plan to replace it in a month or six.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know, but I also know of different people who have killed all of there fish by thinking they were helping clean their tanks. That is what the de-chlorinater's do is take the chlorine out of the water. And normally like you said, people don't know to let it rest without water for any length of time. I just don't like to use chemicals, when a little elbow grease goes a long way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
"Vinegar is a good all-purpose cleaner, you can neutralize it with baking soda if you're worried about getting it rinsed clean, but once the smell goes away it's likely fine. As for getting algae off, I suggest some hydrogen peroxide."
And I agree with all of this also. Just don't like ignorance of bleach, and killing fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts