Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to use nurtafin conditioner and I just bought Seachem prime. I'm about to do a 50% water change and I'm wondering if adding a new conditioner in the new water to put in the tank with the old conditioner in the water would do anything? Would I have to do a 100% to get the old one out instead?

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's ok if they mix. I've been using up the last of my old conditioner along with the prime for over a month now. I don't know why I am doing this, lol, but it's not hurting anything. I guess it's because I am trying to grasp the fact that 2 drops per gallon of prime does more than 7 drops per gallon of the old stuff!
Fishy on one shoulder says "it's ok, the water will be safe with 2 drops a gallon", and the fishy on the other shoulder is saying "nooooo, put in a few of the old one too to be safe!"
My schizophrenic self will settle down soon, the old one is almost dry :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's ok if they mix. I've been using up the last of my old conditioner along with the prime for over a month now. I don't know why I am doing this, lol, but it's not hurting anything. I guess it's because I am trying to grasp the fact that 2 drops per gallon of prime does more than 7 drops per gallon of the old stuff!
Fishy on one shoulder says "it's ok, the water will be safe with 2 drops a gallon", and the fishy on the other shoulder is saying "nooooo, put in a few of the old one too to be safe!"
My schizophrenic self will settle down soon, the old one is almost dry :)
Alright I just mixed them lol. I still have my old conditioner to finish so I might keep mixing them for a while until its finished ahaha thanks :p

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
That's exactly what I'm doing lol. I was planning to use the old conditioner squirt bottle when it's empty to make the Prime easier to dispense, instead of spooning it and hoping the drops don't all drop at once! Does anyone see an issue with that? I don't want to overlook something...

Reactions: Hallyx

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
Stresscoat does the same things as Prime (plus Aloe). You only need to use one or the other. Too much or too many conditioners only adds to the dissolved solids.

Don't bother using up the old conditioner. Chuck it and just use Prime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.