Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the only good Titanic wreckage decoration $45!? Not including shipping. :(

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
i'm not much of fan of manufactured decor. It is over priced and more and half the time it is so safe for bettas.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not much of fan of manufactured decor. It is over priced and more and half the time it is so safe for bettas.
Do you mean not safe for Bettas?

I'm afraid to order any 'hard' decorations online, because I'd like to hold it, and feel it, to make sure there are no sharp edges that could hurt him, and even if I was crazy enough to spend $50+ on any decoration, my heart would be broken, if I got it, and found there were sharp edging on it.

I just LOVE the Titanic, and having a fish tank, would have been a great accessory for it, but not for that price. That money could be used better on something else.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
hahaha yes, i mean not safe.

most manufactured decor also has a tendency to leech chemicals into the water or paint will peeling, crack or bubble. All of these are not good things in an aquarium.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha yes, i mean not safe.

most manufactured decor also has a tendency to leech chemicals into the water or paint will peeling, crack or bubble. All of these are not good things in an aquarium.
Not at all. Which makes me a bit sad.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
yes, it is disappointing that companies put out products that are not safe for aquariums.

I'm personally more of a fan of natural decor, I just like the look of it. I also like using terra cotta pots as caves/tunnels. I just hollow out the bottom and sand the edges really well so they aren't sharp and then done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts