Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
<<snip>> Many people like other fin types such as Halfmoon, Crowntail, and Doubletail. <<snip>>

I know a lot of people on this forum have a soft spot for VT's, but most of us have other types. My current favorite is my Red Marble HMPK, Sam. He's interactive, funny, and most of all, he doesn't jump! LOL. Most of the PK's I've had have jumped, but he hasn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, that's good to know that Plakats are known to jump, because I want to get one. HMPK are sooooooo cool! I love them.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You mean you don't have lids? I would be so scared to do that!

·
Super Moderator
19,211 Posts
I do have a lot of top cover: Frogbit, Red Root Floaters, Dwarf Water Lettuce. I don't encourage my Betta to jump for their food and when I fed pellets I placed them on the surface; not dropped. Now that I feed frozen the pipette is always under the water.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yes they are! XD VTs definitely have a special spot in my heart! I've always loved their personality! Plakats come in a very close second as my favorite tail type! So much personality and energy!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like plakats best. At first, I thought crowntails were weird, but now I like them. I can't have any, though... my water is way too hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
30 years ago I loved veil tails. I always had one. Funny, even though it was before the internet I always made sure they were warm enough and had clean water. Ever since I found out about wild bettas, nothing in the fancy betta world looks as beautiful to my eyes.........well maybe one tiger half moon that I saw on Aquabid a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Any betta could jump for unknown reason.

I like Plakat! They are OK with stronger filter outflow and I have to worry less about fin biting and fin rot.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm also a huge fan of PKs. I don't have any longfin Bettas anymore, with the exception of my first ever Betta who is a EEDeT, a gold dragon VT I have named Midas, and my angry pink VT Diablo.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've never had a Plakat jump and I have all open tanks. :dunno:
My very first betta (the one I got before Ossu) was also a plakat, who I had only for a month. Why? He jumped out of his tank during the night and died. Tank had a glass cover and plenty of surface plants - somehow he still managed to find the small gap near the filter...
Save

1 - 20 of 23 Posts