Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know in the IBC shows held in the USA there are no specific classes for veiltails. But in other countries there are. I stumbled upon an international forum and saw the results for the Holland Betta Show held this past August. They hold a class for veiltail males and one for veiltail females.

I thought you guys might like to see the winning veiltails, especially since the veiltail male also won BEST OF SHOW. Just proves VTs can be just as pretty as all the other tail types!

The winning VT female

and the winning VT and BOS male

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
I think we should come up with a name of discrimination of tail type Tailism. I keep a nice delta tail my Petco does not stock good VTs. I keep a female VT I have her for behaver and intelligence. I bought her to eat guppy fry. She is not eating them. I love her it is hard to find a nice Betta in a pet store even harder to find one of a specefic rype.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Veiltails are my favorite. These two are perfect examples of a pure veiltail. It's a shame that they're not allowed to enter the shows in the USA.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Those are amazing animals. Beautiful.

Why doesn't anyone show VT's in the US?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
about bloody time, if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Buddha kinda has that shape, but since the picture, his tail has grown a bit more, maybe another half inch...

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Awww I love this! VTs are my favorite :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Since in the USA veil tails are very much over bred, and are massive in numbers and don't have the "perfect" forms of other tail types they aren't shown. They are MUTTS to the shows. There will always be heated debates (or other words, arguments) about veiltails, but really there just needs to be a SMALL group who show bettas in their community to have any tail type accepted. Just a thought :) basically... Do it yourself. They won't lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hm...Sena you might be on to something. If VT lovers really want to do their best by the VT type, making local clubs and small scale shows might be the way to go. The VT could still be improved on, colors formed, and fins shaped just like the other fin types.

You're brilliant!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Getting veiltails recognised by IBC can be done. You just have to get enough breeders to agree and begin showing really good ones in the other types class.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any other breeders wanna start working on Veiltails with me?? :)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I don't know anything when it comes to form, but I do not find that female appealing at all (in other words I find her ugly). I think its her pointy tail as I have one that looks almost identical color wise but with a more rounded tail.

Anyways, I love VT's alot more then the more popular HMPK's. If I was gonna breed for color, I would work on making them in other shades as almost all I see are blue or red in color.

I do have a few VT males and females. I have a male in with my 5 girls (he was mislabled as a female but was actually a very young male). Once he grew up, I was kinda hoping he would spawn with one of the girls but he seems to not be too into females.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts