Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 bettas in seperate 2.5 gallon tanks and I am increasingly worried as it seems their health is depleting. I had looked at the post under betta disease and treatment and I saw the section about velvet. I am scared that my EE Paradise (First Pic) has it. I used flash on my camera to act as a flashlight. What do I do? What are your recommendations on what to do to treat it? Also, Bahama, (Second Pic), has been biting his fins. It has gotten so bad he bit almost his whole pectoral fin off! I read about the salt bath treatment, but it says not to over do it, so what exactly should I do? The third betta seems to be fine, but I attatched a pic just in case, because you guys know a lot more than me and can probably spot something better than I can.

As you can probably tell, I am very stressed out about this whole situation, and could use some help. I have made numerous posts on here about my fish and I take the advice and it things just keep happening. Please help!!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Your fish do not have velvet. Velvet is not shiny like their iridescence is.

Can your fish see each other? Or do you have them blocked off? Fin Biting generally occurs due to stress, one major stress is to see another Betta close by to their territory; they can't bite their oppositions tail so they bite their own with stress and frustration. To remedy this, put paper up or something to block their view of each other. You can flare them to each other a couple minutes a day unless the stress is too much for your fish, then just don't do it. Fins will heal back and you don't need to do anything special for them, just keep their tank clean and if possible; have cycled tanks so the ammonia cannot affect their fins adversely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts