Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-( I have always kept my male betta (not sure what breed he is) in a double tank so he could see my female crown tail. Scuito (my male betta) has always been active, swimming around the tank & he got along REALLY well with my crown tail. When she died I got another female betta (don't know her breed) but ever since my crown tail died he has been lethargic.
He just sleeps at the bottom of the tank 24/7. Feeding time is the only time he is really up at the top and swimming, but after he eats he goes down to the bottom again. He ignores the new female.
It looks like he has gold dust on his head, but the female doesn't have any so I don't know if its velvet. Or if maybe its swim bladder because he is at the bottom so much, but I only feed him 3 pellets twice a day. Or if it is just depression, because he seemed to like my Crown Tail so much.
What do you all think it is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. Even though the female doesn't have it?
And the sitting at the bottom of the tank started before I started noticing a slight color change

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention. On his botton lip he has a mole type dot. Its one white dot. I'm not sure what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts