Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is when do we transition from BBS to pellets for betta fry ? or BBS to something else ? I've done some searching on the internet and some suggest around 4 weeks. I have tried and they wont touch it at all..... I crush up NLS or any other suggestion of brands that they might like. Right now i'm going between microworms and BBS i'm not running low on food but i want to transition them to regular food that is all any suggestions ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Try slowly adding more crushed pellets while slowly lowering the portion of BBS. Chances are that some fry will accidentally swallow the pellets and realize they are food, and the other fry will copy the ones who start eating the pellets.
*Just my suggestion, I am no expert

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I start using Golden Pearls about a week after I introduce BBS. I'll sprinkle a little bit of Golden Pearls into the tank in-between feedings of BBS, and eventually the fry start taking to it. My 5-week-old juveniles eat Golden Pearls for most meals now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Revosok and Nimble I will try that tonight for their dinner along with some Microworms to see if a few will take it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.