Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post! A few months ago I tried to transfer my Betta to a 5.5 gallon tank with a heater and filtration. He seemed stressed out and clamped his fins. So I removed him and put him back in his previous large vase and after a day he perked up and was back to his playful self. Three days ago I tried again to put him in the 5.5 (I put filter media from a cycled tank) because I thought he would be happier and healthier with more space. The first two days he was fine, puffing himself when I came to the glass and swimming around. Well all day today he just laid on the ground, the heater, the thermometer, etc. He moves very sluggishly. So again, I have moved him to a large vase. Also side note, I feel that he curves his body to look outside of the tank and it is stuck in that position. Strangely so and I don't believe he did this before. But he is definitely curved. I don't understand why he seems upset in the 5.5. I am monitoring his behavior closely and his fins seem tight. He did eat a few pellets I dropped in for him last night, but nothing today that I have seen. I would think that a large vase that is not cycled and not heated would be more stressful to him. Any thoughts? I just want to make him as comfortable as possible. This is unusual behavior for him and besides these mentioned symptoms, nothing else is off. He hardly moves and is just sitting on a leaf by the surface of the water.

Thanks!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts