Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My betta has been sick lately, lethargic and gasping for air. I suspected parasites, so I took him to the vet and they suggested a shot of “Baytril” which is the antibiotic called enrofloxacin. They said it would help within a few days, but I’m so unfamiliar with it.

Has anyone everhad their betta injected with this? Or with a similar product? My fishis extremely stressed following this shot and I’m upset that there is no info. I feel like I may have let the vet kill my fish!

Does anybody know about this? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I know it's been a while, but I wanted to ask how things turned out?
Hi there, this is bettafishfan12, I got locked out of that account, but everything actually turned out great!! My Betta was completely back to normal, back to his highly energetic state within a few days which was crazy! For those few days after the injection he was not moving at all, and exhibiting high stress symptoms, probably from the antibiotic, but luckily in my case he bounced right back... He was sick for about a week and a half leading up to the vet visit, and I didn't think he would make it through each day. His fins were torn, he was bloated and even had light pineconing. He was also at the bottom of the tank only rushing to the top to eat.

But yeah, to my surprise the Baytril worked! It has now been almost a month later and he is doing well. I still have no idea what exactly he was sick from, but I'm glad he's back. Hope that this post can help anyone else worried about their fish in the future. Any idea what the Baytril could've worked for?

·
Registered
237 Posts
back to his highly energetic state within a few days which was crazy!
It has now been almost a month later and he is doing well.
Oh, this is fabulous news!!

Here's what I found from Wedgewood Pharmacy; Enrofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used in veterinary medicine to treat animals afflicted with certain bacterial infections. This drug is commonly used to treat a range of bacterial infections, including those of the skin, urinary tract, and respiratory system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts