Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can attend a multi-person videoconference with Alpha - our Betta - from your desktop PC or Macintosh at home.

http://www.corocall.com/alpha

There is no charge for attending, and we especially welcome schools to use our conference room to learn more about fish.

Moreover, we look forward to your comments so that we can learn even more about caring for our office buddy, Alpha.

The CoroCall Team
http://www.corocall.com

·
Registered
800 Posts
I like the live video!

Does he stay in that one side of the tank a lot? For the few minutes I've been watching, he justs stays by that side.

Lol, now he's building a bubble nest!

Very cute.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Makes me want to record my bettas, if even just to see what they do while I'm at classes :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: Alpha and his bubble nest

Indeed, Alpha spends much of his day tending to his bubble nest. We've contemplated bringing a female friend into the tank, but have been warned that we will have fighting betas and many babies to tend to.

Does anyone have some receommendations on which other fish would be compatible buddies?

Regarding the software install, it is a videoconferencing software application that is absolutely free. Also, Alpha can host 3,4,5+ people in his CoroCall "meeting room". Nice for a school class or project.

We've also been thinking about remote control software for lights, feeding and adding water. Ideas for remote control are always welcome.

The CoroCall team

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
> wait... so what i'm seeing is happening right now? thats awesome!

yes, it is!

In fact, if you invite another person, you'll be able to see and talk with each other via video conferencing.

Alpha is not very talkative, though ;-)

The CoroCall Team

·
Registered
184 Posts
Indeed, Alpha spends much of his day tending to his bubble nest. We've contemplated bringing a female friend into the tank, but have been warned that we will have fighting betas and many babies to tend to.

Does anyone have some receommendations on which other fish would be compatible buddies?

Regarding the software install, it is a videoconferencing software application that is absolutely free. Also, Alpha can host 3,4,5+ people in his CoroCall "meeting room". Nice for a school class or project.

We've also been thinking about remote control software for lights, feeding and adding water. Ideas for remote control are always welcome.

The CoroCall team
Thats awesome lol

You dont want to add a female cause they'll fight or you'll end up with a TON of babies :p

When it comes to compatible tank buddies bettas do very well on their own however depending on the size of the tank (a 5g would do well with a few ghost shrimp or a snail snails poop alot though >>)
a 10g you could go with 3-4+ cory catfish who are peaceful bottom dwellers (you'll want atleast 3 cause they are social and kind of school)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.