Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 15 gal divided tank? I have purchased a tank and i was planning to divide it into 4 compartments. Is that too many? I do not have the dimensions, tank not here yet just bought it on ebay. Expensive but it comes with a hood that i plan to rewire with led lights.
Does anyone else have vintage tanks. This will be my 4th one 2.5 5 10 and 15

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
There's someone in the planted tank thread who has vintage tanks. I think the thread is called "Look at the retro nanos" or something along those lines.

I personally thing 4 in a 15 gallon is too many. Technically, that's enough water for each fish, kind of, but I just don't like the look of too many compartments. Plus, it makes it really tall and narrow for the fish, and it makes it harder to see and interact with them. But take what I say with a grain of salt because I had a hard time convincing myself to divide my 20g long into three sections, but now I really love it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check out user "keepsmiling," she's the one with the vintage chrome framed tanks. I personally don't like divided tanks as much as I like a big planted community tank. Divided tanks seem to have so many problems. Jumping the divider, construction and flow problems, one betta gets something and the rest get it as well, etc. I mean you get that last problem with community tanks but some of the fish in there won't be as special as others. A school of tetras are cute but I seem to get more attached to my little betta men.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts