Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finn Ryder in a very pretty shade of orange with shiny scales and the end of his tail is clearish with a little shimmer. I'm just baffled as to his coloring. Anyone have any idea?

This is him in his take home cup...

and here he is in his temp container...

His scales are so eye catching.. like little diamonds. And I love his puppy dog eyes when I take his picture. lol

Will share the one with the shimmer on his tail in a bit.... I thought I had uploaded it but I can't find it. Will track it down if it's needed. :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
He's considered an orange butterfly VT, although the butterflying is cellophane - except on his ventrals. Gorgeous boy you have!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is that shimmery tail..

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Gorgeous iridescent blue highlights. Awesome find!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is he developing a pineapple pattern? What's up with the change in his scales? He's still got the iridescents on his scales, tail and fins. He just has this darkening between his scales.

His belly is a little full. Used blood worms as bribery to get the photo. Lol

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It's just some black scales is all, no real color definition. A lot of light colored bettas did this for me. Pineapple bettas look very different. Each scale has to be rimmed with black. Here's my pineapple VT, Okami.

There's even purple pineapple bettas. MattsBettas is breeding purple pineapple halfmoon (maybe plakat? I don't remember) elephant eared bettas. So HM(PK?)EE bettas! xD

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe.. But there seems to be a little more black every now and then. He almost looks dirty at this point. lol He seems healthy and happy. His appetite is excellent. So I know he's not sick. I'm just a little confused at the color changing. he still has his iridescence on his tail and scales which is what caught my eye in the first place. :) ooooo shiny!! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.