Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm leaving on a weekend trip tomorrow morning. Thankfully, my zoomed BettaMatic just arrived! Now Cosmo is waiting for lunch to drop in sometime tomorrow. Who knew bettas would be so fun? BTW... The training thing is working out really well. Thanks for the advice everyone!

·
Registered
366 Posts
o that thing is pretty awesome! Does it slide back and forward? Pretty impressive nest he's got goin... I always feel like a good parent when my guy makes one... I have that barrel cave too!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Just be careful - Cosmo could jump out of the gap that the food dispenser needs. Try covering it with some netting that has broad holes in it - the food will be able to fall through, but Cosmo won't be able to jump out. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just be careful - Cosmo could jump out of the gap that the food dispenser needs. Try covering it with some netting that has broad holes in it - the food will be able to fall through, but Cosmo won't be able to jump out. :)
I slid the feeder closer to the filter and made a plastic lid. That way he won't be able to have any smart ideas. And, just out of pure curiosity, if a betta fish is captive bred, than would he still have that jumping instinct? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, they always will, and Betta fish that you buy from any store are captive bred. Unless they are "wild" bettas

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o that thing is pretty awesome! Does it slide back and forward? Pretty impressive nest he's got goin... I always feel like a good parent when my guy makes one... I have that barrel cave too!
Yes you can use the sliding attachment or there's a way to attach it directly to the side of the tank. here's the official ZooMed video of the product. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raAVeTBrszQ

Cosmo actually uses that barrel hide as a sleeping spot. it blocks out light really well. He knows when his bedtime is which allows me to stay up and play some video games.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Have a nice time! :)

Don't get me started on jumping bettas. Apollo, RIP, nearly took my nose off after jumping a foot from the tank to attack my face.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow!

Have a nice time! :)

Don't get me started on jumping bettas. Apollo, RIP, nearly took my nose off after jumping a foot from the tank to attack my face.
WOW! That is amazing! I just hope Cosmo like his tank better than the floor. And I'm on vacation now so I also hope that the feeder works. :-?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts