Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grabbed a pack of the glow-in-the-dark ceramic moonstone that Wal-mart carries today!

Wanted to check them out, and saw an old, old thread that said they were working out well! From multiple people, no chipping of bubbling in the paint and stuff.

Are they still a good quality item..?

The edges around the holes seem kind of rough, too... Has anyone had issues with that, or sanded them down?

:-D

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have one, bought it three years ago and love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I think I may still sand down the rough edges a bit...If my Creamsicle goes near them, I want his fins to be safe! :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I have one as well, no sanding needed. It feels rough but it's not going to snag betta fin's. It's more of pointy things you want to steer clear of :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Maybe I got a faulty pack, but mine almost killed two fish. About a month after putting them in two tanks I started smelling a nasty melted plastic smell and paint coming from the water and the fish were acting lethargic. I pulled out all the decor and the moonstones felt slimy and greasy. I gagged at the smell. The paint was not pealing or coming off at all however. I threw the stones out and did 100% water changes to remove whatever toxins had been released.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You mean the moonstone cave type ornament?

If so, my son has one of those in his bettas tank. He actually wanted it so bad he took his allowance money and bought it, which I thought was super cute. Anyway, I haven't noticed any problem with his, no fin damage and no bad smells, etc. At one time I thought it was raising the ph in the tank so i took it out and performed all sorts of tests on it but never found any problem so back in it went. It has been in his tank since August.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts