Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else spend gobs of time just watching their fishies, or thinking about their fish, or needlessly looking at bettas and fish stuff in petstore when they go to buy catlitter... Or discuss them BY NAME to people who don't own bettas and think you're crazy:)? It's Sunday and I swear i've wasted hours just watching my fish at different times today.

Post here if you're officially obsessed with bettas!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Me too!!!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Yep......
So hard to do homework with the fish right there.
Last night I was imagining my future fish tanks (not betta, rainbowfish, but it still counts).
I feel like I have a problem. :/

·
Registered
631 Posts
Oh, gosh yes!

And I too am thinking about Rainbowfish!! Specifically I love the Pseudomugil signifer (Pacific Blue Eye), I'm really thinking about a tank with them and maybe some Habrosus Cories and/or Cherry Shrimp.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I'm getting some threadfins and fork tail blue eyes around mid May.. So pumped :)
Then of course I want to start moving on to bigger species... hehe ;)

Anyways this is betta obsession not rainbowfish obsession~~ :)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I do this too. I drive everyone around me crazy. All I talk about is betta. Betta betta betta. And I call my mother if one is sick and talk about it with her by name. example from several months ago, *texting* "Mom! Wanda has a white spot! omg! I have to find her medicine"

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Does anyone else feel like water changes consume half their lives?
Go to the fish store at least twice a week?
I swear it's a sickness. :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
I LOVE my Python Water Changer! But yet, even with that it seems that I spend far too much time with water changes and at the lfs/lps. Sigh.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Definitely a sickness and I have it bad. :lol: looks like I have company though.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yep, I can open a pet store out of my house. 9 spare filters? Is that really necessary?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol all of you! Nice to know I have company in my obsession. My life does seem to revolve around water changes and feedings. And I drive family members and friends crazy talkig about them. Case in point: I just texted a picture of a new bubble nest to my parents. They were nice enough to act excited.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I watched my sorority just swim around for around two hours one day and I made the mistake of telling my good non betta owning friend about it... I still get teased:p It's an addiction, I swear it!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
It's nice to have parents that pretend to be excited isn't it? Fake excitment is better than them telling you your nuts and to leave them alone. Shows how much they love you right?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bombalurina, that's definitely understandable:) I have dreams about dream tanks...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i have taken a few minutes before just to look at my betta swim around. the green shimmer on 2 of my betta doesnt help at all to cut down on time wasted in bettaville.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I always seem to take too long checking on my tanks. One always grabs me at the end of the night when I'm shutting the lights off. I usually end up going to bed 30min-1hr later than planned originally. I also do it if I have a lot of stress. There is something about watching my boys swimming that is soothing and calming.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts