Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I guess next time if you have a betta in a tank that doesn't have a lid, either put mesh over top or lower the water
Actually the tank had a lid...just an oversized feeding hole. I tried to not have the water be so close to the top, but the water gets too warm if I don't keep it relatively full...(I know it's a big no no to have heaters in small non-filtered tanks) BUT reason #875 why I ordered him a new tank lol...good call on that mesh though!! I will definately have to give that a try next time!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh it did have a lid? sorry for my mistake, the feeding hole must have been a decent size, I've never seen a baby betta before so I don't know how small they generally are but from looking at your previous pictures I'm guessing they're tiny little things

Glad my comment could be of some use at least :)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Craft mesh would have helped with the hole too

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Craft mesh would have helped with the hole too
Sad thing is that I have lots of craft mesh at home in a drawer...but none of my past fish had ever been jumpers...yep, hard way to learn a lesson!! I just try to keep telling myself that he had little chance in that little cup at PetCo...so at least he lived a happy short lived life!! I just now know how important it is to take all pre-cautions!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Only my original Betta Mr Betta jumped and that was out of a cup while I was scrubbing his tank from an algae outbreak the only reason I caught it so quickly? I saw a cat stalking my feet and look down he didn't like the carpet and never jumped again

In fact most of my Betta tanks have no lid at all!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts