Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

As many of you know, my tank is overstocked. Last night, there was a raffle at my local fish club and I entered because I wanted the filter. Somebody else won it, and I won a bag of 6 more Endler's Livebearers. This means I now have:
- 6 bettas
- 5 ember tetras (one seems to have disappeared post-rescape)
- 12 Endler's Livebearers (although I'm not sure one of the males survived the trip home last night, I haven't seen him since)
- 4 cories
in a 60 litre tank. I know this is now massively overstocked, but until I can rehome some of them, would 3 x 25% changes a week be ok? The tank is still very heavily planted and over-filtered.

Thanks for any advice in advance. :) I did a 75% change today when I redid the tank.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a first come, first served sort of raffle and I was drawn last. The fish were all that was left, which I found just bizarre, because they are a really high-quality, locally bred pure Endler strain with the most incredible colours. Google images has yet to produce something to rival the males. I do plan to keep them - I'll be inheriting a bigger tank to rehome them into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts