Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using that betta safe one and soon or later I will run out. I just want to know ahead. what's a good conditioner to use? I heard that the betta ones are diluted. I heard prime was good and it's only like 2 drops per gallon.

What's a good filter for a 3 gal? Do I really need one? I hear with a filter, I can just do less water changes. How much less? Like 1 100% change per 2 weeks or something? I also might consider and buy the extra large kritter keeper for my betta. For a bigger home. Tho he seems fine in the larger keeper one.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Prime is the best water conditioner around. One of the small bottles should last you a very long time. The dosing is only about one drop per gallon. If you get the smallest bottle it should come with a dosing dropper.

I wouldn't bother with a filter in a 3 gallon tank. It's not going to significantly decrease water changes like you are expecting (in fact, I don't know any healthy tank that would operate like that). The only way to decrease water changes is to cycle a 5 gal or larger tank with a filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prime is the best water conditioner around. One of the small bottles should last you a very long time. The dosing is only about one drop per gallon. If you get the smallest bottle it should come with a dosing dropper.

I wouldn't bother with a filter in a 3 gallon tank. It's not going to significantly decrease water changes like you are expecting (in fact, I don't know any healthy tank that would operate like that). The only way to decrease water changes is to cycle a 5 gal or larger tank with a filter.
Oh ok, thanks! I'll pick up prime next time when i run out. Guess I don't have to worry about a filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.