Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding water conditioner and smaller water changes like 25% and 50%

I've been doing 100% changes for Paarthurnax (betta) every few days, however, I recently rescued two goldfish and they are currently in a tank that's way too small for them (working on getting something bigger today).

I plan to do a 100% change for them, but I just want to know if I'm supposed to add water conditioner (and how much) for smaller water changes like 50% and 25%

I use Aqueon and the directions say one tsp for every gallon. I think this tank is either a half gallon or a gallon (I know, waaaaay too small. I'm working on it! Haha).

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Generally you want to dose the dechlorinator for the full volume of the tank even with 50% water changes....its really hard to overdose these products...its better to have too much than too little.....

Any water used for the fish needs dechlorinator even with top offs.....

·
Registered
960 Posts
What I find easiest is to keep a jug of water, with water conditioner already in it, handy for small water changes :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeppp. I've got 5 one gallon drinking water jugs that I use. Fill jug, one drop of Prime, ready to go!

(now having urges to play Skyrim... I refuse to kill Paarthurnax!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts